June 29, 2013

The Redesign For Zazzle Stores Is Here

Zazzle store redesign: Yea or Nay?
The redesign for Zazzle stores has taken place. Here's my first impression. They said they were going with a minimalist look and they definitely got it.

Talk about plain. In my opinion it is plain ugly. I'm sorry, but it looks awful to me. Everything is huge and all in your face. The products are big and in big blocks as if it was made for first graders. One thing is different though. First graders like bold, bright, beautiful colors but we get white and grey instead.

I had been talking about name brand stores on Zazzle like Disney. I checked out their store and discovered that their store was not
changed to the new design. Apparently, they get to keep their customized stores. The rest of us only get to customize our store header and category banners.

I understand, when something new is implemented, there may be some bugs that need to be worked out, but wow. These are a few things I noticed. There are probably others. On some pages the text is so light, I can hardly read it. In some places, the text overlaps and does not display properly. Also an option that we used to have for choosing top picks is still listed on the side bar, but it's disabled. I mean, if we're not going to be able to use it, it should be removed as an option.

The bottom line is that the new design does not look good. I hope they're going to be doing improvements. Surely, they can do better than this. If not, then I'll just have to live with it because I like Zazzle and I want to continue making money with them.

What do you think about the redesign? Take my poll that in the sidebar. Do you love it? Do you hate it? Is it o.k.? Or do you care?

4 comments:

  1. I've just logged in to my zazzle store after a while away to find the 'new look.' - not impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I miss having my own unique store design, but in a weird kinda way, the plain thing is beginning to grow on me a little bit. :) Thank you for your comment Hannah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well for me as beginner it saves me a bit of work since i dont have to bother with shop design :P

    that so called "html" looked weird to me anyway.. but i guess you could get used to it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Ky. It is growing on me more and more everyday. I'm still making money, so I guess that's the bottom line. Thanks for sharing your point of view. :)

      Delete

Your comments are welcomed.