June 24, 2013

All Zazzle Stores Are Being Re-Designed -- Less Customization

All Zazzle Stores are being changed.
Just in case you didn't' get the memo, I mean the email, a big website design change is coming to Zazzle.

They are updating the website with a fresh, new, minimalist, uniform look. That means that all Zazzle stores will have the same basic look. The only things that will be customizable are store banners and category banners/images.

Store owners have not had a peek at the new design yet. As for a time-frame of when the site will change, all they have said is that it will be happening "soon". Unfortunately, some store fronts that many owners spent hours and days building with HTML, and CSS
code to make them unique and professional, are about to be done away with.

Money's gone down the drain for some people who paid programmers to design their stores. I'm sorry for those Zazzlers who invested a lot of time and money into designing their stores, for this change to happen now.
 
I'm eager to see what the new stores will look like. I will certainly be doing a tutorial on it since I need to redo a tutorial about sprucing up your Zazzle store anyway.

If you have any questions about the upcoming new store fronts, check out the question and answer session in the Zazzle forums.

2 comments:

  1. I was looking through the stores last night. Looks like some clients (Disney) get to have customization.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I noticed that too. I don't think that's fair, but I guess if you are as big as Disney and have lots of money you get special "privileges". By the way, I think Zazzle's redesign is UGLY. Hopefully they will make some improvements. Thank you for commenting Gabrielle.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed.